From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:57:37 -0500
>'Course, now that she's keeping my ferrets for me while I'm at grad
>school, she's threatening to keep 'em herself once I'm done.  *Chuckle*
>Ferrets...they can win anyone over!

I had to laugh at this one.  I had a similar experience.  I had just
graduated college when my first ferret died.  My SO immediately went out
and bought me Taz.  I was living at home at the time but moved in with my
SO and his roomate shortly thereafter.  Taz stayed at Mom and Dad's house.
The next year we got Presto and my mom was upset that we didn't just take
Taz - now she was "stuck" with him.  Taz didn't like other ferrets so we
couldn't keep them together.  He followed mom around the house, getting
drinks of water from his own "cup" and letting her paint his toenails.
They were the best of buddies.  She always complained that we didn't take
him with us, but in all truthfullness, she would have been lost without
him.  They were great company for each other.  Unfortunately, his life was
cut short by an accident, so he's no longer with us.  But he was loved by
all of us.

Have a great weekend everybody,
Tatia