From:
"Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 1995 08:42:41 -0400
Hi all - I've got a quick question for everyone - especially the vets.

I FINALLY found a place in the area that boards animals and will board
ferrets as well.  Most places around here don't have the facilities to
watch ferrets.

I spoke with the owner and she seemed very nice.  She says that she
regularly watches one ferret - and she just loves her.  We would be
required to bring in everything - cage, food, toys, etc.  The owner said
that the cage would be put in a small-medium sized room they had
specifically for ferrets - it's ferret-proofed.  Just a plain empty room
with cement floors.  The ferrets would get at least 2 hours play time
each day.  They use the vet right down the street - and she said that he
has experience with ferrets and its also a 24 hour emergency vet
hospital.

My concern has to do with the green diarrhea.  I know the chances are
slim to none that this other ferret has it, but let's say that it does.
Then we bring in our 5 and they live in the same room as the infected
ferret stayed in.  I doubt that they scrub the whole room down after
each ferret leaves.  I'm probably being an over-protective mother, but
do you feel this situation is safe for our ferrets?

Any thoughts?

Mish & Kenny
Salt, Pepper, Ayla, Shadow & Snowball