From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:25:57 -0400
I am a long way away-- but got a call about a ferret in Pine Bush, NY of
unknown age/ sex that is no longer wanted by it's owner,.  A relative in
NH notified me of this.  The reports was the ferret bit the owner as she
passed by the cage-- and though this is supposition I think the ferret does
not get out to play much.  I have contact name & phone numbers if there is
a rescue or shelter somewhere near that can accommodate this ferret .

I advised the caller the ferret would be required to be up to date on
distemper & rabies vaccines to cross state lines ( NH LAW) and we would
also require a drop off fee to cover ADV screening it is shelter POLICY
for all give ups.

Please let me know if you can assist or help in this case.
Alicia
Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org