From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:55:59 -0700
My ferrets are due to have their distemper boosters, so they are going to
the vet this coming Monday.  My question is...my oldest, Zooey, is 5 1/2.
When I take them in on Monday Zooey is going to have an x-ray done to look
at her spleen and heart (I know her spleen is enlarged).  She's also going
to have a blood test done.  is there anything else I should do with her
while she's at the vet's?  She's my oldest but she's not *that* old.

She does seem to be sleeping a lot lately though.  She hasn't lost any
weight, she's eating and pooping okay.  Usually she comes out, plays for
about a half an hour, then goes to sleep.  Lately though (the last week)
she's been sleeping.  She comes out, walks around, maybe plays for about
five minutes, then goes to sleep.  She even came up to me the other night
and curled up in my arms.  Except for sleeping so much, everything about
her seems fine.  She does look a little tired all the time.  Her gums may
look a little pale, but that might be b/c I'm paranoid.  older ferrets, I
understand, sleep a lot more?

Minta

(& Zooey, Linus, Martin & the evil one, Sybil)