From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 02:21:41 PDT
Greetings fellow FMLers.  Boy has it been a while.  Or at least it seems
like a long time to me.  Probably only two months though.  Oh well, its good
to be back.  Whew, so much has happened!  My ferrets got to experience their
first tornado.  We have had a rash of warnings here in Okc, but one Saturday
things got spooky.  So we rushed and packed the guys up in their carrier and
drove down the street and hopped in my mom's cellar.  They did not like it
one tiny bit.  But thank goodness, we weren't hit.  Although the twister did
do a number on the other side of town.

Then, our air conditioner died.  Oh, did I mention the temperature has been
in the 100's here?  Yep, we had moved their cage to the kitchen in front of
the AC to keep them cool.  But it broke, and they were miserable for a whole
day.  I pointed a fan on them, but they were still just laying there.  In
the mean time, my whole family is out searching for a good Air conditioner
for us.  Finally I gave up and put them in the bathtub to keep their mind of
the heat.  We finally got the AC put in at 2 am....(husband had to do a bit
of rigging on the cord, because it was too short) But now the ferts are as
happy as can be.

Other than that, we are all fine.  Gypsy is still fat, and people still make
fun of him.  And the vet still insists it's nothing to worry about.  Shandy
has gotten a teeny bit thinner since she was spayed, but she is as spunky
as ever.  She has now decided to have a white streak on the top of her
head.  Not very noticable, probably only about 5 hairs wide...but it looks
hilarious.  Hugo is still a spaz ferret.  We are convinced he is part flying
squirel.  He leaps from couch, to chair, and back again.  He has gotten alot
bigger too, but still not as big as Gypsy.  Well I just wanted to post this
little update...it will probably take me forever and a day to read all the
FML's I missed while we were off line...so forgive me if I have no clue as
to what is going on.  But it is certainly good to be back!

Chell & the Sooner Trio