Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 19:07:46 +0800
so many questions :)

How did you attach the brackets at the corners?

* steel right angle brackets

What did you use for a base?

* there is no base on it (its on a concrete floor).  this is so if i want
to put soil /plants in it, it wont get water logged.  it does have a
wooden frame around the base, just to hold it in shape.

How did you seal the joints?
* corners are sealed with clear silicon gel.

How heavy was it when completes?
* pretty heavy :) 5-10 kgs maybe

Does it  clean easily?

*yep, bit of window spray and it comes up like new, also when they
scratched the sides (one of my boys got stuck in it when there was no
ladder), it leaves no mark

May I presume that the board in the box was a ramp to allow the ferret to
exit when done playing?

*yep ramp is a ladder see
http://waffs.org.au/admin/photos/perspex_ladder.jpg

You also mentioned that it cost you about A$160 to build.  What would
that be in U.S. currency...about $29.95? :)  (just kidding!)  How did you
get the plastic panels...did you have them cut to your measurements, or
did you just buy the sheets and use them in the size they came in?  *i
gave the measurements i wanted to a plastics company, who cut it for me.
it is 4mm thick

How easy would it be to disassemble this box, if necessary?

*very easy: cut the silicon gel with a stanley knife, and unscrew the
brackets

Just a few questions to keep you busy for a few minutes!  Just pretend
I'm a ferret and you'll understand! :)

*hope thats everything!

shona
tarvi & tyson