Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:36:13 -0700
I must comment on a few items that I have viewed on here recently.  Please
do not take this as a flame, but I must voice my opinion(s).

Ed should spend more time keeping his ferret's cages clean and making sure
that his ferrets have adequate hydration rather than spending his time on
the FML trying to make a buck.  This is the same Ed that boasted on another
board that he is really self sufficient and has no financial problems as a
result of his breeding and selling of ferrets.  He also took the liberty of
bashing another breeder for having some financial problems (kick them when
their down), and also bashed some veterinarians for charging to much for the
care of these precious animals.  Ed has also admitted to being cited for
practicing veterinary medicine without a license.  Hmmm...sounds like
financial problems to me.

My point is this: let's not turn this board into the e-bay of ferret stuff,
in other words, NO ADVERTISING or SOLICITING!  I appreciate when people
post about the wonderful toys they have found, but trying to solicit
business on here is b******t.

I have tolerated Ed, and even defended him at times, but I can no longer
do this.  As I mentioned above, much more time needs to be devoted to the
ferrets and their surroundings, than soliciting.

The rest of you have probably dealt with these posts much more than I have,
so I am sure you can understand.

IT MUST BE STOPPED!

Take care~

[Moderator's note: You are correct: basically there is a no-advertising
policy on the FML.  In Ed's case I've let some (and only some) of them
through *if* the posts seemed otherwise instructional and the sale of
complete information was more incidental than necessary.  Also, one-time
"no-hype" announcments of new commercial products or services are allowed,
subject to my discretion, of course.  Your opinion, and the opinions of all
subscribers, is very much welcomed and considered.  So... thanks!  BIG]