From:
Carolina Arismendi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:33:34 EST
Hi.  If anyone out there has dealt with their ferret having a cancerous
tumor please send me an e-mail and share your story with me.  About a
month ago my ferret Everest had a tumor removed from his prepuce, and the
histopath results just came back and it was a malignant tumor.  Since
then I've noticed quite a large bump develop on the bottom part of his
lip/chin, and 2 days ago I noticed another bump near his butt/back thigh
area.  He's going to the vet tomorrow to have both of those biopsied.  I
am so scared, and don't know what to expect/think, the only thing I do is
think the worst.  Please share your stories with me both good and bad.

I'm also curious, if the tumor was removed, shouldn't everything be
ok...assuming those other 2 bumps are nothing bad?  3 years ago when he
had his adrenal glands removed, the tumor that was found was malignant,
but the vet was not concerned since she had removed it.  I'm a little
confused as to why now she is concerned, and says he has cancer...any
opinions?

PLEASE let me know your experiences, things you did for your ferrets and
how they responded....I'll do whatever it takes for my little one as long
as it's in his best interest and he's not in pain/discomfort.  I thank
you very much.

Carolina and ferret Everest