From:
Craig Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 14:15:38 -0700
Hello, All!

I've been reading the FML for about a month now; it has been very useful
to me.  My ferrets love Linatone!

Anyway, some time ago, someone posted a message about how ferrets tip
over cows, and eat them.  Every time I think about that, I picture one
of those wonder animations that Terry Gilliam used to do on 'Monty Python's
Flying Circus'.  I see all these ferrets hopping around until the cow just
falls over from fatigue from watching all the boundless energy from all
the ferrets.  The ferret gang then goes in search of another cow victim.

I also have an idea for an experiment; I came up with it since I've been
treating one of my ferrets for ear mites.  The experiment is this:  we'll
get one cat, and one ferret.  We'll let Rachel Lamb try to put drops in
the ferret's ears, and Paula Zahn gets to put drops in the cat's ears.
The winner is the one that has the fewest scratches.  The only condition
I would impose is that Paula can't use her own cat (if she has one).  The
loser has to say, on public TV, that ferrets aren't nearly as dangerous
as cats (or dogs).

I've also decided that CBS just doesn't know how to perform basic math.
15 cases of ferret rabies in 37 years equates to .4 cases per year.  Any
math major would tell you that this is statistically insignificant.  I
don't know how many cases of dog/cat rabies there are per year, but I'm
sure it's much greater than .4 cases/year.

Just my $0.02 worth....

Craig
and, Sam, Honey, Toni, and Fuzz