From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 10:45:55 -0800
Warning...

This may be obvious to most of you out in FML land, but I have seen at least
two posts lately that have mentioned ferrets and pencils.  These posts
sounded as if these were fun play toys for their ferrets, especially if they
had erasers on them!  I just want to make sure (having almost lost a
precious ferret because of a pencil eraser) that everyone knows to keep
these items well out of ferret reach.  Pencils with erasers are BANNED at
our house.  We were very careful about pencils before the incident, but one
ferret managed to get up on the table and pulled a box of pencils to the
floor, other ferrets in the group proceded to open the box and scatter the
pencils and then Kiva, who would never have done the proceeding things,
found the pencils and thought the erasers were green raisins or something,
and ate some.  She had to have several operations to remove the eraser
pieces from her intestines.  Please do not intentionally let your kids play
with pencils.

Still panic when I find a pencil,

Elayne