From:
Eden Rain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:03:35 -0700
Howdy from Eden & the Boys in seattle
Bill & I took our first vacation without the boys last weekend & left them
in the care of their Auntie Lara for a few days.  Boy did they have a great
time, not only does lara have carpets to roll & dig on (unlike the hardwood
floors at home) but she even has a cat for them to terrorize.  We're talking
Club Med for ferrets here!  Lem, who almost never does the weasel wardance
was bouncing all over & having a great time when we left, enjoying the
carpet textures and new environment, while Misha chased poor Cruella (the
cat) from one end of her apartment to the other & back.  Don't worry the cat
had fun too, If they slept too long, she'd tap them with a paw gently to
wake up & play with her... gotta reccomend a vacation for the ferrets every
once in a while, to perk them up & give them a change of venue.  I had more
seperation anxiety than they did!

Also, we discovered a new toy this last week: an empty cardboard egg carton!
Misha loves it, he bites & ches on it, sticks his nose down into the
depressions & trys to stash it under the couch.  As alway's he's a cheap
date!

Note that if you want to try this, we consider this a supervision only toy
since a ferret could get their head stuck through one of the openings pretty
easily.  but hey, it was free & it makes him a happy weasel which is of
course the number one goal in life.

Eden and her 3 guys: Misha, Lemke & Bill (the human one)