From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:38:00 -0500
I have been telling people who write/call we are doing just fine.
Almost all are rehomed now and each has worked into groups better than
we ever dreamed. There are 14 left here and 8 in Austin. Still we are
adding pictures to the Rainbow Action Figure album for those who want
to keep track and will be opening that for those who adopt and send us
pictures of them in their new homes.
<http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff149/milliesa2003/Rainbow%20Action%20Figures/>

On the downside, little Roan, the one who had surgery for the
protruding rectum and no skin on her whole behind, has developed scar
tissue and is at the vets now. We are trying to decide to go for
another surgery or not. She is only 6 months old, she has a home with
Troy Lynn and transportation through Debbie Osborn BUT, even though we
all have accepted she might never ever develop muscles to control her
bowels, the next consideration is pain and we can not give her a life
of living like she has hemmroids. There may not be enough skin left to
cut out the scar tissue and sew it up where she will be out of pain.
We will give the 2nd surgery a try and then make the decision during
surgery.

For those who wanted to contribute more to our needs, we ask you to
consider helping SOS to replenish their funds contributed to us. It was
over $1,000 they paid for ADV testing and the first round of distemper
vaccines. They were able to step in immediately and for them to do this
in the future for other rescues we KNOW will be coming up, they do need
to have the funds on hand. thus it's a very very good thing to make
contributions now.

Plus, to make a donation in Rainbow Kids behalf to SOS, it would mean
a lot and say a lot as all we did in this one month one week period -
yes, it was only that long to get this far - was the result of EVERYONE
combined and now to make a contribution for the future in their behalf,
its like they are reaching out to help the next ferrets in need .

Please make a contribution to SOS, a Tax-Deductible Donation, through
PayPal to:
  501(c)3 non-profit  Tax ID: 23-3062176

Thank you from them.

(Many of you have known me for years as Millie and her Nobel Drinking
it up Cleaning Crew - I dropped the Noble when I lost my ferrets from
England, dropped the drinking when I lost my alcoholics, Salty Dog, his
sister Tequila, Merlot, Chardonnay, Bacardi, and now I am down to ONE
Cleaning product, little Zest (not counting the dogs Lava, Colgate,
Dove, and cats Oxydol, Purex and Stay Puff) but gone are Easy Off,
Ammonia, Cascade, Ajax, Joy, Cheer, SOS, the B boys, Bottle, his son
Bounce, his sons Biz Borax and Brillo). NOW I am happy to say I have
personal rainbows that are mine mine mine and have changed my title to
fit. With 200 to 300 ferrets passing through our facilities per year, I
thought I couldn't have any personal ferrets, not enough time to give
them proper attention, BUT by accepting these 4, I feel a new lease on
life and am working it into my schedule to have personal time with them
(which "I" need) and I couldn't be happier with the responsibility).

Millie with her RR Kids
Rainbow Raider, Rainbow Ripples, Rainbow Ribbons, and Rainbow Rags
www.Txferretrescue.org