From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:57:33 EDT
::clapping:: Oh happy joy joy!  I loved that story!  Good one.  I don't
have a really good one like that.  But I"ll tell you where and how I saw
my first ferret anyway.

My mother and I went into a tiny town's petshop in Southern NJ
(predominantly farm areas).  We went in there to buy parrot food for our
blue front amazon, Chester.  In a twenty gallon aquarium with cedar chips
was something... with big teeth.  Something looooooooong and furry.
Something that looked like a wild animal to me.  My mother asked if she
could see it and hold it.  She had only heard of ferrets but had never
seen one before.  I was nine.  I had seen drawlings of mink, but never of
a weasil let alone a ferret or polecat.  I thought how brave of my mother
to hold this animal ...... I was thinking to myself, I'll take my bull
and my snakes any day before this creature that was before me.  I
remember feeling odd.  I remember the fur being quite course (which now I
know was from poor food and bedding).  My mother was so intrigued she
bought it for "me" (chaw right, okay, I was nooooot interested in that
scary animal).  By the time we had a home set up, I was in love.  I
coudln't stop olding this sweet animal that had the most innocent eyes
and cute little toes!  Those big teeth?  Well they seemed to have
magically dissapeared right before my eyes while I held my new pet and
got to know her.  She was such an innocent thing, we named her "Baby"! :D
And she was the first ferret I saw and also the first ferret I owned.

Wolfy