From:
shanon &/or Mitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 12:42:34 -0500
oko since I've noticed that many have been talking about disipline lately I
have a tough one for ya.  We have effectively disiplined many of our hoard
(10 ours 3 visiting).

Well here's a unique problem we have 2 deaf and at least 2 hard of hearing
ferrets.  One deaf is perfectly disipline(m) we are having lots of problems
with our 2nd one still biting not play biting but bleed until your dry
biting what does anyone suggest for this troublesome deaf one voice doesn't
work a little thump doesn't(only used in extreme cases) you can't use your
tone of voice.  Help it's been hard for us since we have had no problem
disiplining in the past.

This is important since we want to sell this one but we wont sell her b4 she
breaks the habit and we are feeling a bit overrun in our trailer 2 humans 2
cats and 13 ferrets.  uff da.

any suggestions?

also out of the blue after a long time going in their litter box in their
cage they started using a new corner on going on the cage bottom.  any
ideas?

a good cage for affordable in our opinion is go to Petsmart the have
something called a cat playpen this is a version of the marshall farms 3
story but it has carpeted shelves no ramps but that is easy to fix we have
added shelves and used some ramps from our smaller cages.  the shelves are
wider which is nice it has a flat base instead of one with a ditch.  we have
both in our house (the marshall farms one is the one that was being used for
the ferretsitting ferrets) we like the playpen better.  BTW utilize more of
that open space by hanging hammocks (stuffed animal corner hammock seems to
work well if nes.) we have actually made it into a 5 or sometimes 6 story
cage they love it.

anyways just a suggestion

Shirly Hertzog's harnesses are the best

bye Shanon Mitch Callie(c)Shoffie(c) and the Den of Thieves