From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 03:02:31 -0500
Letterman's Video Collection:
That was Chrissy of the AFA on the clip from "Ferrets Unmasked".  We
'tormeted her mercilessly' when the show aired originally.  Now we have an
excuse to do it again at the AFA show on March 2nd!  Its all in fun on the
teasing - she's learned to take it in stride and often has some of the
better jokes about it now.  Chrissy now lives in Connecticut so we'll have
to give her a 'good welcome' back to Maryland for the show.  Wheels are
spinning away in my mind already...

Heating Ferret Cages:
You probably don't need or want to heat a ferrets cage very often.  Ferrets
do better at temperatures lower than people are comfortble.  If this is a
sick/recuperating ferret under doctors orders to keep warm of course thats
different.  We usually try to keep the ferrets room lower even much lower in
temperature than the people rooms.  We leave a window open until the
temperature drops well below freezing.

Hate Mail:
I'm so sorry that people feel the need to send nasty email to folks on the
list.  I've developed 'sight unseen' friendships with the three folks who've
commented recently about this problem.  I don't understand.  There is not a
single person on this list who knows everything about ferrets.  I learn from
all the posters to this list.  Virtually everything I know about ferrets I
learned from someone else.  I know some people who will be very upset by
both of the things I posted above.  I'm on several other mail lists and from
time to time there are disagreements on all of them but I don't know of the
others having this pattern of really nasty stuff going on.  Its a shame.  I
want the folks that have mentioned receiving hate mail to know I think a lot
of them.  They have in particular tried hard to put the best information
they could out for others.  Don't let the 'bad guys' win.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets