From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:37:58 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Rainbow Bridge. SaraFerret was off duty, so
she left a note on her cottage door and headed off to visit with her
friends, the Canadian bunch at de Otter MudSlide.

Wowsie, it seemed like a big group showed up, Booger, Maxine, Maxi,
Fritz, Pepper, Misty, Prince, Bear, Buddy, Snowball, Shark, Max, and
last, but not least, Lady. It was gonna be a great day. Up and down de
slide dey all went. But all of a sudden, a little voice sounded in de
distance.

"SawaFewwet, where is you, I has a note for you. A fewwet is cwossing
de bwidge." At dat point, Misty came down de MudSlide and splatted
Dexter, de little boy courier, all over his cinnamon fur.

At dat point I gots out of de mud, and took de note from Dexter, and
read it. I looked at Dexter and advised him to just follow all of us
over to de Lily Pond and we would get cleaned up and get ready. We made
our way to it and scrubbed ourselves clean: we headed for de entrance,
leaving Dexter behind with a bar of soap saying he was never gonna get
dat mud out of his fur (he hates mud). I told de others to hide by de
Wing House.

But I got to de entrance a bit too late as a little fuzzy was wandering
down de path. OOPS!

I quickly introduces myself, "Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de
bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever
home. Here you will have no pain or suffering and you will run on green
grass forever."

Well de little girl fuzzy just looked at me and said, "Hmm, my name is
Princess and I am a Canadian ferret. But you sure don't look like any
welcoming person. You has mud on your face and you look like a drowned
rat."

"Well Princess," I replied. (trying to clean off my face with my paw
and then just giving up). "We were playing on de MudSlide when I was
called to greet you and I just didn't gets all cleaned up and dat is
why I is still kinda damp."

"OH!" she apologized. "I guess I shouldn't have said that. But anyway I
belong to Mommy Rosie. Do you know her? Am I gonna be all alone here?
Is there gonna be other ferrets to play with besides you? I might like
to play in the mud too. Can I do that today? And whats with those funny
things growing from your shoulders?

"Princess, not to worry, my feelings aren't easily hurt. I have been
called everything but Catfish. You won't be all alone here. You will
have lotsa friends and family here. I don't personally know your Mommy
but I have heard lots about her. You probably won't play in de mud
today as you will be real busy just looking around. As for dese goofy
things on my shoulders dese are wings. Dese make it easy for us to fly
about de heavens--much easier den hopping from cloud to cloud. And you
will get your very own pair of dese.

So we went down de path toward de Wing House where to our surprise,
all her friends were gathered--My what a reunion--well de boys stayed
outside and we opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of
course). She opened de box and took out de wings--bright lavender.
Misty helped her on with her wings and Lady adjusted her halo. Den she
ran to de big vanity mirror. She gazed and her reflection and saw what
a beautiful ferret she was and den she turned to me and said, "Gee I
wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

So we opened de door and we all trooped down to de Misting Pond and sat
down beside de cool clear water. With one swish, she saw a vision of
Mommy appear and she started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. I have lots of friends here. Thank you for loving
me. I have the most beautiful lavender wings and I will be able to fly
soon. And I will be able to slide down a mudslide--doesnt that sound
like fun, Mommy?"

Den she began to throw hugs, kisses and promises to visit one day and
wrapped dem with all of her love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star
which was headed to your house and by de time you read dis it should
have landed dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We headed down de path to Mommy Rosie's Cottage where dey all lived.
Nothing had been planned as silly us had been playing de day away. So
we all scurried around and got de food and drink all laid out. We got
music playing. Other ferrets were invited over. Even the NZ fuzzies
stopped by to see what was up. I stayed for a while, but finally said
my good byes. What a day it had been.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret. bridgegreeter