From:
Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 23:46:08 -0800
A while ago I asked if you guys knew of any regional ferret mailing lists. I
thought there would be dozens, (like, say, one for about every fourth major
city in the U.S.) but it looks like there are only a few after all. *That's*
a surprise. Anyway, I promised that I would summarize any info I received
and post it on the FML, so here goes.

As far as I know, these are the only ferret mailing lists on the whole wide
Internet:

International Lists

        - Ferret Mailing List (this one)
        - Ferret Forum Mailing List (new)

Regional Lists:

        -TriFl -  Triangle Ferret Lovers in North Carolina
        -DFW - Dallas Fort Worth,  Texas
        -VFML - Vancouver Ferret Mailing List

Are these really the only regional lists?  Amazing.  If you happen to know
of any other ferret mailing lists, I'd like to hear from you.  Information
on all of the above lists is up on the web now, and you'll find directions
on how to subscribe to each list there.  The web page is at
http://www2.portal.ca/~cmc/ferrets/info/ferrlists.htm

Thanks to everybody who wrote to tell me about a mailing list.  Much
appreciated!  :-)

cmc

--
Christine Code           and ferrets Madeline, Theodore,
Vancouver, CANADA        Kai, and Augustus.

[Moderator's note: Yes, there are other regional lists, though I can't speak
for them - perhaps they wish to remain anonymous.

I'd like to welcome Christine to the world of email list management and wish
her new Ferret Forum Mailing List success - the more education about ferrets
the better.  I did, however, comment to her that I feel the name chosen for
the list is rather similar to the Ferret Mailing List (i.e. FFML vs FML) and
I'd appreciate her considering a name modification, perhaps dropping the
"Mailing List" from the title.  BIG]