From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 14:00:30 -0700
Hi Dayna,

Do you know about the S.T.A.R. Ferrets database?  It has at least one
version of the info that you're gathering (the list of ferret vets, I mean).
Maybe you could add the ferret vets you find out about to the STAR Ferrets
database, and serve it all via your faxback service.

Here's the database access info from the FAQ.

  How can I find a ferret breeder/shelter/vet/catalog?

  An extensive list of ferret clubs, breeders, organizations, vets and
  catalogs is maintained by STAR*Ferrets.  It is also available from a
  list server.  Send email to <[log in to unmask]> with the line

    SEND FERRET DATABASE

  in the body. Note that the file is rather long, around 44K, which
  may give some mailers problems.

Also, the database, sorted several different ways, is avaiable on
the web at

http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/for-others/database.html

I'll forward you a copy of the current list of veterinarians in a
separate message.

Good Luck!
Dennis