From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:34:25 -0500
Regarding Oz biting his cage mate Merlin on the neck while in the cage.
First, don't rule out adrenal on the basis of a lack of other symptoms.
Sometimes in males the only sign is aggressive behavior.

It could also just be boredom.  I had a shelter ferret Spins who was
showing the same behavior to his cagemate Snips, only while in the cage.
It happened at a time when the shelter was rather full and I had to do 5-6
shifts for playtime, so playtimes were shorter than normal.  Once I could
give them more and longer playtimes, the problem went away.

So try giving them more playtime and attention and see if that helps.

Linda Iroff
Raisin Retreat Ferret Shelter
Oberlin, OH
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html

To help in raisin' funds for the Raisin Retreat, go here