From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:29:53 -0500
Just a quick update on some of the seven rescued ferrets.  The six year-old
pregnant female had not delivered as of last night.  Everyone is anxious.
The female ferret with the large lump in the abdomen; it turned out to be a
very large ovarian cyst - no, she wasn't spayed either.  Dr. Dutton removed
the cyst and did the spay.  The ferret who had the kidney removed, is doing
well.

The female with the severe infection in the neck and cardio.  is still very
touch and go.  The infection has flared up again in spite of the antibiotics
and peroxide.  She will have to have the site around the infection removed
tomorrow.  The pain is such that she can hardly swallow.  Feeding her is
agony for her and us.

Today she and her male cage mate were out in our kitchen area.  She was
sleeping in front of the doorway, when the cage mate began tugging and
pulling on the throw rug we keep in front of the sink.  He worked and worked
until he pulled the rug across the kitchen and covered her with it.  Then he
went off to play.

They are truly intelligent and compassionate.

Dick B.