From:
Melanie Molzof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:43:59 EDT
Special thanks to Anne and Wolfy for your information regarding
"wasting."  I relayed the info to the vet today and I am going to print
it so she can actually read it (I am at the point of forgetting what I
have and have not told her).

Wolfy - I am so sorry about your fert.  I hope things will look up and
soon.  I know from my experience that it is so frustrating because you
try everything.  I will keep you and your fert in my prayers.

Shelby went home with the vet this weekend.  The vet was off Sun. & Mon.
so she is receiving "special" care (I am blessed with one wonderful vet
and special lady).  She is eating duck soup and has been for the past 48
hours but mostly by hand.  She will take it from a syringe but prefers
hand feeding.  She's still active, alert and bright eyed.  The vet has
noticed that when she eats or drinks, she does "sling" her head or turns
her head but her teeth and mouth look fine.  I am scheduled to bring her
home tomorrow and if she continues as she is, then we are in pretty good
shape.  If not, we will look at when it is time to consider euthanasia.
I don't even want to think about this but I know it is something that
I have to consider.  This is my first fert and never realized what
wonderful kids they make.

Thanks again to everyone who has responded to my postings and for
everyone's prayers.

God Bless All,
Melanie