From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:55:04 -0700
FURRY in St Louis is going to apply for a grant to stay in operation.
What they would like is a letter from anyone who has done anything with
FURRY, stating how much FURRY helps St Louis and surrounding area.  They
need letters from people who've adopted from them, from people who got
their lost ferrets back, from people who've gotten advise, etc.  Also
what would happen to all the ferrets around here if FURRY wasn't there
to take them in when the owners needed to give them up for whatever
reason.

They've a had a few come that were just left outside somewhere and found
by a good samaritan who called FURRY.  If FURRY wasn't around, who knows
what would happen to all the ferrets given up.  I'm sure a lot of them
would be destroyed, or worse, starve to death when their owners let them
go, out into the "wild".  Or get hit by a car.  No one else around here
takes ferrets, so FURRY is needed!

Lots of letters will help secure the grant, so please, everyone write
in!  You can email me, email Kurt and Karen ([log in to unmask]) snail
mail it to the shelter (go to www.furryferrets.org for the address) or
bring it to our meeting Wed night.

Thank you!!

Sue