From:
"Courtney J. Scholl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 01:32:31 -0400
Hello all,

I guess my mom must have really known how ornery I was getting this past
week.  I've been yelling about the most recent "bite incident" in MI (the
Owosso case); my sister's ex is suing her for custody of their son (he, the
ex is an %*%*!$%*#%); my brother had a pregnancy scare (explain that one!)
and the dentist spent a full hour blasting at my teeth this morning.  So, I
guess she recognized the stress level was careening.

From her, today I got a sort of solution to Ferret Math.  A two-hour trip to
the Humane Society for love and kisses and then she gave me the large
version of the Sandicast Black Footed Ferret.  Since I can't take in any
more real fuzzies for now, this would have to do.  So its 1 am and I am
taking a short break from rearranging the living room.  I am trying to set
it up so the BFF will be at her most striking.  Audrey was a little upset
though, she was hoping I'd let them sleep together.

Bob Jacobs (I think) said 2 more ferrets had been seized, killed, etc.  by
Animal control in regards to the Owosso incident.  Did this have anything to
do with the rumor I heard (on tv) that there was suspicion that Ralph had
not turned over the correct ferret?

This rumor caused me to write a rather heated letter to WILX-NBC 10, the
station I heard it on.  I guess they figured that since they showed the
rallies and the like from the Kodo case that this time they should only show
the boy and his family's point of view.  This used to be my favorite local
newscast but I was appalled by the complete lack of objectivity in their
reporting of this incident.  Still makes me mad and this was several days
ago!

On a lighter note, I tried to take home two 7 week old kittens from the
shelter today.  They were so small, I could have fit one in each pocket of
my shorts.  My mom wouldn't let me.  She didn't think we could convince my
landlord that they too are cage-dwelling "guinea pig-like" animals.

-Courtney