From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 17:37:20 GMT
I was buying litter at the Petco on Route 1 in Laurel, MD (near the Laurel
Open Center) and I saw a rather ragged looking ferret cage.  It is a nice
cage if cleaned up.  The carpet inside was shredded, but it was only on
the top floor.  There was a hammock hanging, and the bottom floor had only
wires, food bowls and a bulk-size cheerios box that had sandy looking
litter in it.  I knew it was a "give up".  I got my stuff and when I got
to the register I realized the ferret is an albino with bright red eyes.
He is probably about 12 weeks old, creamy colored (in other words yellowed)
He was pretty active.  I asked the cashier (who happened to be a manager)
what was wrong with him.  She said he is "slightly aggressive and just
needs to be handled a lot"...In the next breath she says - "everything is
half-price: the cage, the ferret, brings you to about $100 for the whole
thing"...sheesh.  I asked her if he might be deaf.  She says "deaf?" in the
tone: "are you crazy lady?  ferrets can't be deaf?" so I said - "Yes, could
he be deaf?" and she said "Nah, he just needs some attention."

SO, the reason I write is in case someone is up for a challenge.  Their
"un-used" ferrets are extremely nippy and wild too.  But if someone is
looking for a challenge - perhaps a rescue...just thought I would let you
know he is there.  It needs to be someone not acting on "Oh, half-price" or
just a whimsical ferret opportunity - it looks like he's been there before.
Good luck...write me if you need more info.

-Stephanie, Chimi & Pepe