From:
Amy and Dave Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:55:59 -0500
To Angela who asked about ferrets and pregnancy:

I have two little human children -- 2 1/2 and 9 months.  I also have 3
ferrets (although I had four when my son was born -- one passed away).

As far as litter pan precautions, either have your SO change the litter,
or simply put on rubber gloves to change it and then wash your hands
afterward.  Chances are you've already been exposed to toxo anyway.  I
believe there has to be a cat in the house for the ferrets themselves to
be exposed as well, but don't quote me on that.

I made it through two pregnancies with ferrets in the house and both my
children are fine.  And so am I.  And I DIDN'T take ANY precautions when
changing litter, bedding, etc.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any other questions you might have (like
how to get a ferret to sleep on the 8-month shelf of a pregnant woman's
belly! ;) )

Amy, Dave, Sarah & Paul (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian, Elektra, Claudia & Sidney