From:
Huntwhip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:56:54 -0400
I had a ferret who fell from the top of his crate and injured his
inner ear (unbeknownst to us at the time). It began to necrose, and
eventually within 6 weeks, he exhibited those same signs. When we took
him to the vet, they did everything they could think of, to no avail,
and when we let him go, asked to have a necropsy done. They found that
the inner ear had pretty much disintegrated, and of course, the toxins
invaded every part of his little system. I rue this situation to this
day.

Tuesday, a non ferret friend who volunteers at an animal shelter near
here told me about a rescued ferret who had been brought into the
shelter with a bloody and battered head, but who, when offered food,
ate with great hunger. As soon as I found out, I emailed and offered to
try to rehab the little one, but the shelter information officer said
that he had been so badly damaged that he was put down. How is that
possible if he was eating so well? No more information was forthcoming
on any of the circumstances, but I still feel like something might have
been done. On an up note, they took my information for future problem
little ones.

Nancy Mitchell, Franktown, CO