From:
Shawna-Lynn Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 1996 12:08:24 -0400
I am so excited, I just * have* to share this with all you FML people.  I
was out shopping with a few of my friends yesterday, when we passed a toy
store.  You'll never guess what was on display in front of it.  A FERRET
TOY!!!!  It's a little green and yellow plastic ball, powered by one AA
battery.  Attached to it by a little plastic...thing, is a long, furry
critter that completely resembles a ferret!!  When you turn it on, the
fuzzie wrestles with the ball, rolling along side it, behind it or on top of
it!  Totally adorable!  Of course, not nearly as cute as a real furball, but
what can you do.  I ran around the store in a frenzy until I finally found
it.  My friends, who don't understand my fascination with ferts, thought I
was psycho.  Anyways, I am now the proud owner of a "Weazel Ball", as it is
called.  It is made by D.Y. TOY, and for all you Toronto folks, I got it at
TOYS TOYS TOYS, on the 100 level of The Eaton Centre.  A pretty good buy,
too, at $14.99 plus tax.  A total must have for all fert lovers, IMHO.

As far as the issue about what belongs in the FML and what doesn't: I
personally think that anything and everything that falls within the
guidelines should be welcome on the list, although maybe a length limit is a
good idea.  I *do* have to admit that I myself find the whole "Rosie, Maxie,
cutesy baby talk thing" rather annoying, but that's just me.  If other
people enjoy reading that and find it amusing, that's their prerogative.  I
also find it interesting that in the same post that Bob R. complained about
multiple, long posts, he himself had three, two of which each bordered on
two pages.  If "Rudy the ferlosepher" hates printing the whole FML so much,
he has 2 options.  Either don't print it, or feel free to delete posts he
deems "unimportant" before printing.  I'm not trying to start a flame war or
anything-- I'm not that petty.  I just thought i'd give my $0.02 worth.
Thanks for letting me speak my mind.  Happy ferreting to all!

Shawna