From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 20:03:55 -0400
Thanks to everyone for your feedback on adrenal cancer.  I also just
received the two ferret books you told me to get-' Biology and Diseases of
the Ferret' and' Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents.  '

Many of you thought I was mistaken, and that surely the cancer rate was
around 10%.

ABOUT 40% OF ADRENALS REMOVED ARE CANCEROUS.

Several ferret wise people just wrote this.  And it is in these books.  So
the longer we wait to do the adrenal surgery-hoping this herb, or that
cream, or this duck doup is going to change everything-the longer we give a
pre-cancerous condition to change to cancerous.  CANCER- this means that
the cells run amuck and start producing abnormal cells like crazy,, Some of
these break off and spread to distant parts of the ferrets body.  Multiple
cancer sites!!

You know how you may have clearly seen that bald spot on the base of the
tail going up the back, but the fur grew in again?  And how after a year
the fur fell out much faster, but you thought you would wait and see if the
fur would grow back in like last time??  All those hours, days, and months
that abnormal adrenal had time to produce cancerous cells:.  Cancerous
cells to spread all over your babies little body.

THIS JUST HORRIFIES ME.  Some one tell me I misunderstood this, cause I
read all the time about people waiting for the fur to grow in again.  All
these people need to know the truth.  Do I understand this correctly?

I sure hope not.
Lisette