From:
Clare Sebok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1993 17:59:51 -0400
Last week I took Ben and Jerry (age 3.5)  to the vet for their annual
exam and vaccinations.  Dr. Stacey Di Maria said that Ben has some enlarged
lymph nodes and should be reexamined in a month.  I am very concerned
about this because I have read about ferrets with lymphosarcoma.  I
would appreciate some information on how this disease is diagnosed and
treated in ferrets. What is the likelihood that enlarged lymph
nodes are from a benign cause?  If it does turn out to be lymphosarcoma,
what is the prognosis?

Also, Ben and Jerry both vomited several times after their shots. (They
got rabies and distemper shots.)  I stayed at the veterinary clinic for
about an hour until they stabilized.  Jerry, who had the strongest reaction,
was given an antihistamine shot.  Has anyone else seen this happen to
their ferrets?  Any theories about why this happened and how it could
be prevented next time?

Clare Sebok