From:
Kojima Keiko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 1998 10:25:49 +0900
My husband and I will go back to Boston this May for the first time in 10
years.  This time with our ferrets.  I have already found an internationally
ferret friendly carrier and spoken to APHIS office at US Embassy in Tokyo to
find out any requirement to import ferrets to the mainland US.  Everything
seems settled, except one concern.  Among many correspondences, Northwest
Airline (they do not allow ferrets in the cabin) mentioned that "many states
do not allow importation of ferrets." Massachusetts now allows the owenrship
of ferrets.  Does it allow importation of ferrets?  Does anyone know?  I
enter US from Portland, OR.  Does anyone know if OR allows importation of
ferrets?  I just want to be on the safe side.

I asked NW Airline to name all the states that do not allow importation of
ferrets, but have not heard from them yet.

Thank you for help in advance.

Keiko
Osaka, Japan