From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:35:04 -0400
Frontline is safe for ferrets.  It is good that you realize that folks do
need to check for individual animal types because what is safe for one is
not for others.  You can find a LOT of very knowledgeable past vet posts
on this in these two archives:

http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
and
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org

The first is the FML Archives (which is why the addy seems familiar since
you see it in the header of every day's FML) and for searching there for
vet replies I suggest that you seek the topic but also seek FML and FHL
member vets' names, and on some other searches "from FHL" or look for
sukie or sukiec in the from to get some vet posts I've carried over.

The second is the FHL Archives, and you can skim what comes out and pull
out some of the vets pretty easily from there.

BTW, if I recall right you are in a heartworm area, aren't you?  In
that case make sure that you have flea, tick, and heartworm protection
on-board.  A number of the past vet posts will help you find the spray
info, dose info, application info, false rumor info (and Frontline is a
victim of some nasty false rumors), and which critters each given type
of med works for and doesn't work for.