From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 07:46:39 -0400
I've got to say that I agree with the people who are bothered at the
prospect of someone taking pleasure in watching their pets kill another
animal ... whether it's goldfish, or something different.  That seems
really cruel to me, particularly when you even feel the need to smother
the poor victim animal in Ferretone in the first place, to make it even
MORE attractive to your pet.

Since it seems that the principle thing that attracts your ferrets to the
goldfish (given that they aren't even eating the fish) is the movement,
why don't you buy them a nice wind-up bath toy, instead?  They'd probably
have a lot of fun going after some wind-up (mechanical) ducks or boats,
etc., and they could have every bit as much fun without ANY animal needing
to die in the process.  If you feel they need to "hunt" something they can
eat, I suppose you could loosely attach some raisins or other treats to
the mechanical toy, and allow your ferret to "catch" the toy and remove
the treat and eat it.

Hoping this is a more humane alternative,

Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483