Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:59:12 -0400
To Jon & Veda,

I give Rocky canned cat food occasionally.  He likes Nutro "Savory
Hunter's Stew with Duck." It has the following ingredients:

Turkey Broth, turkey, chicken, chicken giblets, wheat gluten, lamb liver,
chicken liver, duck, lamb, wheat flour, salt, guar gum and carrageenan,
DL methionine, and all the vitamins too numerous to list.  Also garlic
powder is listed somewhere in the middle of the vitamins.

Bob would know better, but this brand might be better for ferrets because
it has more meat and no vegetables or fruit.

Rocky also likes the "Beef and Egg" flavor.  He's not sick, but he's an
incredibly fussy eater, so you might try this brand with your babies if
Bob thinks it's better.

Nutty Rocky also wants me to make it soupy for him.  If he could, I think
he'd live on a liquid diet.  However he has no problem eating any form of
treats!  Go figure.

I bet Rocky would like your brand since it has sweet stuff like apples
and carrots in it, but then he probably won't like the one without that
stuff.

Don't you wish they'd come out with some good canned ferret food in a
variety of flavors?  Rocky wouldn't eat that one brand of canned ferret
food.  You'd think with all the ferrets in this country, some company
would do it.  It would make them a lot more money than the dry stuff.

Maybe we should start a writing campaign to the better ferret food makers
to develop a good quality canned ferret food.  Rocky could be one of
their tasters--he hates everything.  (Except Bob's Chicken Gravy, which
he'd like to live on.  In fact, they should consult with Bob on the
recipe.)

I don't mind making chicken gravy--in fact I enjoy it because I like to
cook in general-- but each batch kills a blender.  And if you have a lot
of ferrets, you'd be making it every week.

I hope this is helpful to you.  Good luck.

Shron & Rocky