From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 14:52:19 -0600
Had a real tree one year.  Only one year.  Ferrets tended to drink the
water/bleach solution in the bottom (I had no idea until I caught them at
it) and dried out the tree.  Needles started falling off, and the tree
became a fire hazard.  Not exactly a good thing.  Now I have a very nice
(and real looking one too - it had better for $200!) fake tree.

Also, I have a special decorating method.  With a fake tree (some) of the
branches support kitty weight.  My ferrets haven't tend to climb - please
don't mention it to the kids - it's their 1st X-mas with me.  I put all the
plastic and unbreakable ornaments on the lower 1/3 of the tree, no tinsel.
On the upper 2/3 of the tree I put the fragile stuff and tinsel.

Switch (my first at the Rainbow bridge), was quite funny.  He'd grab only
the flashing lights on the bottom branches and try to drag them away.  Boy
he was ticked off when the lights wouldn't come off the tree!

We're still working on that December meeting of the Calgary Ferret Club.
Venue to be determined.  If you're interested in coming (Gord and Lorraine
excluded - I already know) drop me a note and we'll be in touch.
+++
The Terrible Two and the Kitty Krew