Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 18:06:49 -0500
I am not giving Eloise and Sabine any more chances to maul Bizzy until after
she has recovered from the adrenal surgery she will have on Wednesday.
We've tried putting our two pairs of fuzzies together three times, several
days apart, after switching bedding, keeping the cages together, etc.
That's enough for now.  I do think Bizz will have more than enough spunk to
stick up for herself when she gets the chance.

But Baby (Bumble) is another story!!  She still poops and pees in terror as
she runs.  She does not fight.  She lies prostrate in our arms after the
briefest encounter.  And Eloise and Sabine are *not* gentle with her.  Not
only am I still horrified to see my two sweeties transformed into monsters,
I can't stand to see Bumble's reaction.  I read Bill Killian's post about
letting them work it out, and I can see the reasoning well enough to apply
it to Bizzy when she is ready.  Bizz is going to be one cool girl when she
can walk better.

But I can't seem to leave a fuzzy like Bumble at their mercy.  I'm not sure
she has any idea that she is a ferret, for one thing.  She has very little
interest in tubes, bags, cats, balls, Bizzy, or anything besides whatever
people are in the room.  She almost always follows me every step I take, and
almost the only time she will wardance is when I shuffle around quickly to
tease/play with her.  She loves to lie next to me or on me, being tickled
and chewing my finger.  She's the softest, pudgiest little lover you can
imagine.  And she seems to go into shock after her few quick attacks by
Eloise and Sabine.  I hate this.

Can a ferret like Bumble handle the dominance wars?  If she can, any
advice on how *I* can survive them?

Judith White