From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:39:27 EDT
OK!  Lets get this hammered out before I get anymore emails about it.
My two recent posts I asked for information on my deaf ferret and the
litter training.  I also at the end mentioned that I took two of my ferrets
for there distemper shots at Petco(not asking for advice on that).  95
percent of the email that I recieved was about the shots(I didnt have a
question =) )

I have recieved the good emails with the bad emails but have recieved soooo
many, that this in particular, is starting to bother me a bit.  People
emailing me there opinions and then when I reply, they effectively copy
only part of the email and reply to that leaving out the rest.

My ferrets have been checked by the vet and there all healthy, I just
prefer to get my shots at Petco.  First off my vet is an hour and a half
away.  Carefully selected because she treats ALOT of ferrets.  There are
always other fuzzies when I go to her office.  Now if I went there got
halfway home and my ferrets got sick, I need to get off of a train, go out
and come back in the other side wait for another train take it to the stop
then take a bus to the vets.  If I make it all the way home there is an
emergency pet hospital right in the area.  Petco is just a walk over a
bridge from my house(and close to the animal hospital).  So to me it seems
logical to let Petco o the vaccinations as the vet oes stick around and if
there is a later reaction, the pet hospital is just a short cabride away.

Now I have recieved an email stating thats why I should go to the vets
and stay longer there after, I have read about ferrets having reactions
the next day.  I dont think my vet would like me spending the night. =)
Although being in there with a bunch of fuzzys sounds like fun!  I
personally like the fact that because ferrets are known to react to the
vaccinations occasionally, they try to prevent it by giving them benadrill.
Are we not supposed to support our pet store with both knowledge and
support.  I had talked to the mgr of the store for over an hour one day and
noticed that the next time I went in there is now a small litterbox and a
fun tunnel and hammock in the ferret house.  I have also recieved alot of
email telling me that I should not support petco because of marshalls.  Let
me say this: I have personally called marshalls and talked with someone
there and while I am still not happy with all of there pratices and
treatment of animals, they do offer products and support organizations
that are for bettering the life of ferrets.  I personally wante to start
a boycott when I heard about them being sold to labs.  I have 3 beautiful
marshalls ferrets and I would not trade them for all the tea in china!!!!!
I believe in hat I wa told by a wise woman.  Educate and change will come.
If I have my way it wont be long before I am asking everyone to send me all
of there woderful ferret facts and tricks so that I can compile a booklett
to give Petco(at least here in Boston) for prospective buyers.  I spend
countless hours at the wee hours of the mornings searching the web for more
and more info on ferets.  I was made to feel by my last email that Im cheap
and that I treat my ferrets as a disposable objet.  I DONT!  I wa told to
continue to save a buck on my ferrets.  My partner os a phys asst. and I
am a rest. mgr, I dont have to be frugal at all.  I do choose to look at
all my options, weigh carefully the positive and the negative, and then
make my best judgement from there.  And I am sorry to say that if I
continue to recieve these emails attacking my personal choices and they way
that I treat and love my ferrets, then I will unsubscribe to this board.

Peiko...Daddy NOW!!!!!
Ghengus...Have you seen my brother
Loki......Kiss me daddy!