Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 09:02:13 -0400
Hi all.

Well, when last I spoke about MoJo - he was going for surgery. My vet
decided we wanted to try one last thing first, due to MoJo's age. The
lupron shot. He had his shot 4 weeks ago, prior to the Spring Shed.
Spring shed hit. And MoJo is now almost completely naked. Lupron did
not work. He is inquiriing about an experimental implant, that he has
to seek approval for - to do a study, then apparently he has to get
this from Australia - and/or Europe. Somewhere. He says that over
there, they have had HUGE success's using this on ferrets who did
not respond to melatonin implants, and the lupron shot. Ok kids - my
question. Anyone have a clue what I am talking about? I need info bad
here. I look at my now damn near completely bald little man - and it is
making me want to just cry. He was determined to be a bit on the older
side - and my vet doesn't want to take chances he doesn't have to. He
said he should have the info - and or approval within a month or so.
Does anyone have any information that they can share with me regarding
this implant? I've never had any of my adrenal kids - not respond at
all to any of the traditional treatments. None of them lost all of
their fur - and this is just killin me.....I've purchased "shirts" for
him to wear, so he can retain body heat - but he "wipes" em right off.
Not sure what to do to help him now - and helpless is NOT what I like
feeling. Please let me know if any of you have heard of this? I think
he called it the "Des" implant?

Thanks guys!

Kim and her Army of partially clothed, partially naked idiots...
missing Helena, Ricky, Artemus and Zeus.....and the tiny pieces
of my heart they took with them....