From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:48:23 -0500
It saddened me, disappointed me but did NOT surprise me to read most of the
posts answering the Anonymous Post about the unlicensed shelters.  How the
Hell are you EVER going to get anyone in California to listen to a word of
sense when people within their own "ferret community" respond with attacks
to a problem like that, and one of law!

Reading people bashing the poster because they assumed he/she was jealous
of the publicity, having people tell the poster to basically shut up and
"just help" an illegal shelter because ferrets were in it made me wonder
where the line of common sense ends and ego mania begins.

Come on!  Law is law!  We're fighting for ferrets to become legal in
California!  How can you POSSIBLY expect that when you're encouraging,
defending and condoning illegal (in terms of the law) shelters???

What is the problem with that?  You would have knocked people over to be
the first person to spout off your opinion on a shelter with a license that
was keeping ferrets in awful conditions, why not this?  People couldn't
even be bothered to suggest compromising on both sides: turn them in and
take the ferrets.  Nah, it's just much easier to fling the mud than it is
to clean it up.

I knew it was coming, I knew exactly what was going to happen after I read
that post, and once again, I was not disappointed.  How incredibly sad.

I hope the Anonymous Poster does the right thing and turns them in.  If
they don't, and for some reason, the law changes at another date in time
because of this, you won't have anyone to blame but yourselves.  And then
where will the ferrets be?

Julie