Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:48:43 -0800
Hey all,

just thought I'd let you know that a few days after I posted about my
ferret Tazz and his nose problems, I took him back into the same old vet
with options (after many great advice givers).  After some debate on what
would be the best option, we converged.  Lance the absess again and try a
DIFFERENT injection.  I told him that my concern was that the absess was
reistant to the Baytril I was giving him

We decided that we would try Nuflor.  Out of lack of better thinking,
I cannot remember how long it would take the absess to regrow after
draining and 'treating it'.  But after 10 days of the Nuflor, it has
not yet come back up.

My vet is out till Monday, but I have made an appointment with him then
to get Tazz back in and see where we can go next.  If this is something
we find out I have to keep him on for however long so that the absess
does not come back, I'm more than willing to do that.  I would hate to
have to take him off and have it come back, then have to put him through
all the pain of lancing again and such.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their GREAT advice on what I could do
and to let you know I think the problem may finally be fixed!!!!!

Alison- Tazz, Maui and my baby George