From:
Andi & Todd Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 21:56:02 -0500
I'd like to thank everyone for suggestions on how to deal with Gonzo's
inability to get around & use a litterpan anymore.  We've tried a couple
of the suggestions - hopefully we'll have the rug situation more in
control soon.

Since his rear has been lying down on its side when he's been going to the
bathroom - he's been getting washed quite a bit.  I just gave him his
nightly "fanny washing" and I think I may have discovered at least part of
the problem...  I'll try to describe what I saw.

When Gonzo's soaking wet & I'm holding him so that his back end is hanging,
you can see his bones pretty well.  In the area of his back where I think
his hips are - on the right side there is a hard round bump the size and
shape of a marble.  There isn't anything even close to this on his left.
Also, he holds his right leg funny - in this same position (hanging) his
right leg is kinda bent, won't straighten on its own, & is a good inch
higher than the other.  And you may or maynot remember that we noticed he
has *NO* muscle on his right leg.

So - if this is what is causing him to have sooo much trouble getting
around A) what is it & B) how can I make him more comfortable so maybe he
can get around better????

Andi