From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:03:46 -0400
We had a vet who used to say:

Cats can be hard to treat because they remember the past so strongly.
Dogs can be hard to treat because they live in present.  Ferrets are
usually easy to treat because they spend their time looking forward
to the future.

I think that some of that has rubbed off on me.  I spend a lot of time
thinking about things in the light of, "Okay, now we can see what did
and didn't work with such-and-such, so what can we do now to improve the
likely outcome for NEXT TIME?"

How have ferrets improved YOUR thinking?

POed in CA wrote:
>HELLO, this is just the kind of crap that helps keep us in California
>hostage.  Some supposedly well known group making such STUPID statements!
>Please if anybody knows them could you ask them to remove such nonsense.
>I realize they did say it was "undocumented" so for me it was unnecessary
>to give Fish & Game more ammunition to target our little fuzzbutts.  What
>Are They THINKING?

They WEREN'T thinking... (Apparently, they haven't had enough ferret
exposures to be able to think; the two are closely intertwined you
know :-) as any ferret or ferret person realizes!)

Teresa wrote:
>PS It would be wonderful for those of us ferret lovers who are
>experiencing high vet bills to have a website where we can sell our
>wares to other ferret lovers.  Anyone good with computers want to give
>it a try? :-)

Interesting concept.  Not something I could do -- mismatch of time and
talents, but that might be an interesting idea for someone to follow-up
on.  It still might be easiest to just use something like ebay, though
and there would be a larger pool of potential buyers.  I do not use e-bay
so don't know the good and bad parts of it though others here could help
you on that score because they do.  One of the good things about the FML:
it's a truly great place for answers.  When people get a handle on the
problem if they have any way to help they often come out of the woodwork
with contacts, resources, references, info, etc.

Gary wrote:
>I later explained to him why I was so insistent on getting that dog out
>fast.  He was telling me that the dog wouldn't bother the cat, which I
>believe, but I explained that the cat WOULD bother the dog.

Okay, this is just because it will bring smiles to folks.  When we were
kids back in the Dark Ages a neighborhood boy's lab used to tree my cat,
Mikey.  That continued until the day Mikey clawed the dogs nose.
Thereafter they became fast friends and when Blacky was chained Mikey
would walk down the street several houses, enter their backyard and
take naps with Blacky curled up together in his doghouse.

Mary Cohen: WOW!  FUN song.