From:
Kathy Carl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:56:33 -0800
Michele I am very sorry for your loss I know it is devestating, but I must
comment on your post.  You mentioned Petsmart should stop selling ferrets,
Petsmart does not sell ferrets, cats,dogs, rabbits or iguanas because their
phlosiphy is there are too many of these animals in shelters, they promote
adoptions from shelters.  I know this for a fact because I used to work for
Petsmart.  I am not flaming you in any way I just don't want people to be
misinformed.  Petsmart lends space to local animal shelters such as The
Humane society, people can adopt them right from the store and all the
proceeds go to the shelter, Petsmart keeps none of the money, 2 of my cats
came from there.  Our ferret club had a ferret awarness day in November at
my local Petsmart the management was very reponsive to the Club.  Like I
said no flames, just information.  Why buy when you can adopt.