From:
"mark e. patnode" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:27:57 -0500
my newest arrival, a two year old male sable has stopped eating, im not
sure how long but he has noticeable weight loss, he sleeps alone, and will
not play with the others.  everyone leaves him alone they must know
something is wrong.  he pops very little, pees bright yellow.  he will eat
duck soup when i give it to him but will stop every two or three bites and
grind his teeth or chew with nothing in his mouth, after i put him down he
will rub his chin on the carpet like he is trying to wash his face.  i know
i have read about this before but i cant find it, and i cant waste anymore
time looking he needs help now.  my vet knows very little about ferrets,
and cannot give me a answer on this.  the next knowledgeable ferret vet is
hours away.  please help