From:
Renessa k <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 19:41:43 -0500
HI, I live in Bedminster NJ. I have a 6 1/2 yr. old ferret named
Daniel with adrenal disease. Currently he is on herbs but I am also
considering going the Lupron shot route with him. I am too nervous
about surgery for him at his age. The reason I am interested in Lupron
is that he is sooo itchy. I thought that if he had more hair growth he
might not be so itchy. He actually has 3/4 of his hair and it is pretty
long, but again he is just so itchy. Oatmeal baths do help some , but
it is too cold to give them to hima ll the time. I wanted to know if
anyone knows of a vet in the central NJ area that will provide the
shot. I have only found one vet so far and it is $125. a shot. My vet
doesn't do it. Also, Daniel will often wake up having coughing fits.
It's a pretty dry cough,a nd sometimes he will seem like he is spitting
at the end of a cough. I think it may be from ingesting his own hair
since it is coming out. I give him petramalt when these fits occur,
and it seems to help. Any thoughts from the ferret world on any of
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Renessa