From:
Russell Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:30:55 -0700
Good Day all, and to Diane especially!

Dook Spray has got you wondering, hasn't it? I'm going to tell you a
little secret that I learned from a trip to Cambodia two years ago.

My wife got really sick after trying to eat a roasted frog at a
roadside stop. She'd loose her appetite and get very nauseas for a
while every four or five days. By the time we would up in Bangkok for
the flight home, she could barely move. We tried a treatment at one
hospital but it made her even worse. I eventually resorted to a chinese
medicine shop. I'm sure you've seen them here and there, but have never
gone in since it looks very weird. They have drawers and drawers lining
the walls. You go in with your prescription (written by a chinese
doctor of course), and they fill up a paper with piles of powders and
leaves, roots and such. Well, long story short, the prescription called
for something unpronounceable. It was sort of a soft fuzzy powder, had
a touch of musky smell to it. We had to make a tea with the concoction
and honestly, we thought it was pretty weird to rely on this to cure my
bed ridden wife. I mean, I don't know what it is, I don't know if it
was 'picked' with clean hands, or 'treated' with proper stuff....

But the good news is, it made her about 80% better. She fought for
another year some intestinal issues, but is completely recovered today.

Now, it wasn't cheap, but nothing that works like it should is ever
cheap.

I've since had a small pinchful analyzed by the University of Beijing
and I'm happy to tell you that we have a potential windfall for all the
shelters and awesome ferret loving homes around. Interestingly, ferret
farms seem to be almost completely devoid of the right sort of 'dooks'
to make this ancient medicine.

What would you say if I told you that you could sweep up extra dooks,
dehydrate them and bottle the dook dust and sell it to your local
Chinese herb and medicine shop for more money than ginseng is worth?
I've been doing this for a couple of months now, and must say that my
plans for early retirement are now possible.

Don' buy dook spray or wipes!!! You can just collect all the extra
dooks you can't use around the house, and dehydrate them (store them
on a shelf for a while) and then crunch it all up and sell the dust.
I've made a few bucks (well, lets just say that my fuzzies get to ride
in a 'black footed' hummer when we go to the vet or events).

I'm sure you could use the extra bucks too, so word to the wise,
collect those dooks!!

ps. the sad thing is it doesn't seem to cure any ferret issues, just
human ones, which shows us again, that these creatures give much more
than they ever receive at the hands of humans.

Russ, a lurker and listener, occasionally a liar!!
Definately a dook dust collector!
Dooks from our 5 fuzzbuts in Alberta.