From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:30:53 EDT
Hi everyone...
I want to introduce our newest family member...

He has no name yet.  But I'll think of one.  He's a sable..about 4 months
old..maybe 5.  We (my mother and I) went to the pet shop today.  They had
the cinnamon I wanted, but it was on hold for someone.  We waited to see
if they were going to show up, and they did.  Then, as luck would have it,
a lady came in with her daughter holding a baby boy.  It turns out their
father was allergic to them.  Likely story I know, but it seems true
because the little girl and her mother were crying their eyes out.  I told
them I would give him a good home with 2 playmates and plenty of time out
of the cage.  So they said their goodbyes and home I came with a new boy.
But, not before stopping at PetsMart ; )

I got them some funnels, a sleep/play cube, some toys, and a food mat (they
messy eaters so I figured it was easier to take out a mat and wash it
rather than take the cage down and scrub the entire bottom).

Ginger and the new boy went playing as soon as I introduced them.  He and
Max on the other hand, decided they'd establish their pecking order right
away.  So now the new boy is sleeping in the hammock that Ginger and Max
sleep in and Ginger and Max are out playing (since they been inside almost
all day).  I'll have to give Max and the new boy some time later.
Hopefully they'll straighten things out between each other the easy way.

-Sarah