Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:20:17 -0600
In reading the initial FML rules and guidelines, I got the impression
that posting things from the FML to other places is frowned upon
(forbidden?).  Is this correct?

The reason I ask is, there are certain very valuable things that NEED to
be shared and spread far and wide, for the well-being of ferrets world
wide.  For example, BIG's comments on a recent symposium regarding
Isoflurane being an "incredibly safe" anesthesia for ferrets.  To me,
this is VERY valuable information, and needs to be shared with every
ferret owner (AND vet!).

So, will someone please clarify what can and can not be taken from the
FML and posted in other places?  I don't want to go against the rules,
but I DO want to share valuable pieces of information like this with
others.

Thanks,
Gary, Bart and Victoria

[Moderator's note: It's definitely frowned upon if posts are carried over
WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR.  The AUTHOR "owns" the post and can
decide how it's used.  So just ask the authors first -- most are quite
glad to help.  BIG]