From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:13:45 -0400
Yesterday I posted on how Pester had foiled all the blocks I made on
the sliding plywood used on the glass slider opening going to the back
room.

This time where the space is between the inside glass panel frame and
the sliding door I put a short piece of ply wood in there but is not
bolted to an 'L' bracket that is screwed to the glass panel frame.
That stopped the crawl escape part.

To stop her from forcing the plywood back making a large enough crack
to squeeze thru I put a 'Z' bracket on the top that is bolted to the
glass frame. That holds the top from being forced back and to keep the
foot from being pushed out I simply bore out a circuit board stand off
and put a long wood screw thru it to screw into the thresh hold which
will keep the bottom from being pushed out.

I put this all to the test, and Whammo! Pester is foiled! Ha! Just
the same, if a ferret gets it into his/her head to get out in that
direction, they will for sure do it. Will be most amazing to see
how she does it this time. So far, so good. For now at least.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester.

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111