From:
Suzy Cecere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:30:43 -0800
Hope everyone's New Year is off to a good start with lots of healthy,
bouncing fuzzes.

I spend the Christmas Holidays visiting my folks in Kentucky.  My Mom is
in a nursing home and not doing very well, I think we just spent our last
Christmas together.

On the way back to Seattle I took a day and laid over in St. Louis to visit
with Maggie and all her kids.

The visit of just over a day was much too short, had to get home for my
fifth anniversary with my husband.

Maggie is a great woman, my best friend and my adopted sister, don't know
what I would do without her.

All of her ferrets are wonderful.  I was stunned at how nice the Fat Boys,
William and Harry were after having read about them when Maggie first took
them in.  They are simply delightful and very loving.  I told Maggie they
looked like little walruses with four legs, they sort of roll when they
walk.  Watching them War Dance with bring tears to your eyes from laughing
so hard.  All the ferrets are so loving and follow Maggie around.

I also fell in love with Mag's cats, especially Kane, tried to bring him
home with me, but Maggie would not allow it.  I have five cats now and not
a single lap cat in the group, Kane was my lap cat during my visit and even
slept curled up next to my tummy at night.

As much fun as I had with Maggie and my wonderful visit with Mom and Dad it
is very good to be home (even if I do have to work tomorrow, sigh).  All my
kids were happy to see me and investigate all the new smells I brought home.

Cutting this on the short side, hard to type with one hand in a cast.  I
had joint surgery on my left thumb the Monday before Christmas, the joys
of getting old!  Stitches come out this Tuesday, but I go back in a cast
for another 3 weeks, I'm so happy about that.

Hugs to all,
Suzy