From:
"Deziree E." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 05:41:42 -0700
Has anyone out there ever dealt with a ferret's corn gluten meal allergy?
I read about it in this month's Ferret's USA magazine, and I suspect my
little Mishu is allergic to the stuff.  I'm not positive, and we are going
to the vet next week.  I'm changing his food today because the meal is one
of the 1st five ingredients.  His symptoms are mucousy stools and the skin
under his eyes has been puffy a few times.  Other than that, of course he
is fine.  His sister shows neither of these symptoms and they eat the same
food.  But, I do have a question about her behavior.  She will sniff and
sniff and sniff, and CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!  But she always sniffs really hard
before she bites down.  And I can't keep her away from legs and feet,
especially FEET!  What's the deal?  Does she hate my soap?  I just can't
understand where this behavior could be coming from.

Sincerely,
Deziree